MEET & GREET
Meet at Oppikoppi, Kamanjab at 15h00. Be sure your vehicle is filled up with water and fuel and all jerry cans are full. There is as Savemore shop to do some last-minute shopping.
DAY 1 (357km) OPPIKOPPI – KUNENE LODGE
We start at 8h00 and it as all tar road to Ruacana where we fill up with fuel for the last time in 1000km.
Day 2 & 3 (97km) KUNENE LODGE – EPUPA FALLS CAMP
We drive all along the Kunene River, very scenic drive. We visit the Epupa Falls and relax for a day next to the Kunene.
DAY 4 (145km) EPUPA FALLS CAMP – VAN ZYL’S CAMP
Early start as today we do some serious 4×4 to get to our camp.
DAY 5 & 6 (75km) VAN ZYL’S CAMP – OKAROHOMBO
Today is the big day for the notorious Van Zyl’s Pass. We take photos of the beautiful Marienfluss at the lookout point. We guide you through the difficult areas before and after Van Zyl’s pass. After all the excitement, we write our names on a self-picked rock and take photo’s at Jan Joubert’s monument. He was a pioneer in the Kaokoland.
DAY 7 (132km) OKAROHOMBO CAMP – WILD CAMP 1
Today we are driving the beautiful Marienfluss and visit the famous drums. Be on the look-out for the Lone men, stone men.
DAY 8 (97km) WILD CAMP 1 – MARBLE CAMP
We drive Jan Joubert Pass today and see a few of the Lone men, stone men. While we are moving slowly on the rocky road, we see the most beautiful scenery and hope to see some animals.
DAY 9 ( km) MARBLE CAMP – PUROS BUSH CAMP
We drive on the beautiful scenic road along the Khumib River today, be on the lookout for Elephant, Giraffe, and the famous Lions.
DAY 10 ( km) PUROS BUSH CAMP – RIVERBED CAMP
Early start as we drive through Puros Kanyon and visit “Jan Joubert Koppie” with its lovely view over Puros area. We stop in Amspoort gorge to take photos, certainly the most beautiful part of our route.
DAY 11 & 12 (119km) RIVERBED CAMP – KHUWARIB SLUCHT CAMP.
Driving the Hoanib River to our camp and relax for two days in the beautiful camp, and we visit the Ongongo hotsprings.
DAY 13 (85km) KHUWARIB SLUCHT CAMP – WILD CAMP 3
Today is Khuwarib Slucht 4×4 route, mostly sand because we are driving in the dry riverbed. We camp in the bush tonight… as custom, with a lovely campfire.
DAY 14 (78km) WILD CAMP 3 – OPPIKOPPI, KAMANJAB
Sadly, our last morning to awake in the bush. We drive the easy route to Oppikoppi and have our last dinner together. Restaurant and pool available. Tomorrow we greet our friends and set off homewards.
R12 900.00 per person. Children under 12 years, half price
TOUR DATE: 18 – 31 July 2022 (“Meet & Greet” 17 July 2021)
- Guide with 4×4 vehicle.
- All camp fees.
- 2-Way Radio’s.
- Dinners, except last night at Oppikoppi.
- Satellite phone.
- NEGATIVE 72 HOUR COVID-19 CERTIFICATE (RSA, AS WELL AS NAMIBIA AND BOTSWANA WHEN RETURNING)
- Own 4×4 vehicle, fuel, and camp gear and equipment.
- Recovery gear and compressor.
- Recovery points, front and back.
- Own toilet and shower.
- Own water, drinks, snacks, breakfasts, lunches.
- Any other recreational activities.
6 big bags of wood, 2 bags of charcoal briquettes and 2 packets of firelighters “Blits”.
- Own medicine.
- “Meet and Greet” accommodation at Oppikoppi (Kamanjab).
- Last night accommodation and dinner.
- The Kaokoland tour is hard on a vehicle and tyres.
- The vehicle must be a 4×4 with a low range.
- The vehicle must have a full-service prior tour.
- Be sure to have efficient fuel for 1000km. (Diesel 4km/litre and Petrol 3km /litre).
- Good ‘all terrain’ or ‘mud terrain’ tyres are very important. BF Goodrich is a good choice.
- No ‘highway terrain’ tyres, please.
- The vehicle must have Recovery points, front and back.
- Fridges, crates, etc must be well-fastened.
- Should you tow, please ensure the off-road caravan is fitted with good tyres with a 3ply sidewall.
- On the packing list is a few spare parts listed, be sure to purchase them for the trip.
- Stoftrappers Safari Tours do have a Satellite Phone for emergency calls.
5-litre wash/shower water per person per day is enough. We can fill our water tanks with greywater (wash water) at Epupa and Marble camp, unfortunately not drink water.
There will be a few shops on our route, but we cannot guarantee they will have any stock. Take enough drinking water, please.
We will purchase wood on the route.
INSURANCE AND MEDICAL AID:
Please ensure that you and your family are covered in Namibia and that you can be evacuated.
ROUTES CAN BE CHANGED ON THE DISCRETION OF THE TOUR GUIDE